Saturday, October 23, 2010

Just here...

Not much to say, working like crazy with "next month" always going to be better for personal time and training. Oy vey. Still getting in some training, but not the long runs that I know I need. I'm planning on a half tomorrow at some point and really need to do a 20 miler next weekend, gotta make that happen somehow..no excuses...

My thinking is this, if I/we don't pound the pavement in the next 3-4 weeks to ensure we have a training base, January will not go according to anyones plan. Rome wasn't built in a day, and a PR or surviving a Goofy is no exception. So let's all get out there and make the next 3-4 week really count, put in that extra workout a week or whatever. If we do I will guarantee there will be no dissapointment come January, only celebration for the "many goals" of Team Voice. :-)

In the immortal words of Joe Swanson "LET'S DO THIIIISSSS!!!"

(Will try to make the meet for a bit, but might not be able to...have to head out for b-day parties with the kids)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hear you about the work being crazy and cutting in to time...Yikes...

I agree no long run is too long, no training run/walk is unimportant. I'm trying my best to get all my long runs in at the very least - I know I'm going to need them in January!