Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

Here's to wishing all of you fine people out there a great and prosperous New Year! May it be filled with rock solid training, PR's, and increased health and longevity for you and your family.

Me personally, well, I'm finally going to get off the fence and commit to a Half Ironman for 2012. It's either going to be the Rev3 half at Quassy (Middlebury CT) which boasts many superstar pro entrants and a difficult and hilly course, or one I've heard about in Narragansett RI September. Either way, I'm pretty psyched and hope I come out with the desire to "TRI" a full in 2013 (if I could get into one...). So that's my big news for the new year.

As for 2011, it's been a great year of training for me. Just under 1600 miles of running with 600 or so on the bike and feel much stronger of a runner than when I entered the year. I think I have the Goofy to thank for that as I felt like my body responded after that race and demanded more miles as well as more quality mileage (interval and hill workouts, etc.). I also dabbled in the TRI training and race which was very interesting. Love the mental aspect that TRI brings to the table. So much so that I've purchased my first wetsuit and looking forward to putting it to good use in 2012.

As far as Disney goes, Marathon Weekend might be our only trip there this year as we are trying to save for a Disney cruise in 2013, but we shall see if I can get one more trip out of my annual pass before it expires in August. :-)

On the Team Voice front, I feel a little empty. By that I mean that I think that we all got so wrapped up in our personal lives and work lives that we had little left to come together as a team and do the things that helped bring the group together in the first place. I'm hoping that we can do something about that in the new year and resurrect the dream of sending a child to Disney! I know I'd like to dedicate some of my time to this if the rest of the team feels the same. :-).

Random Thoughts - Finally saw the Muppets yesterday, loved it! Just watched our Lion King Blu Ray, very cool as well. Nothing better than Lion King, in BluRay, on a 60" HD screen ;-).

3 comments:

Rae! said...

YAY!!!!!!!half ironman bound!!!! Woohooo!! I wish i could see you next week and high 5 for it!!!
You are right about Team Voice. Some just can't be helped.
I was going to ask my new friends, for there help with that. More on that later.{child to Disney}
Happy New Year!
Cyber high five...

Jeff W said...

Pretty cool on a 65" too. Sorry must be a man thing.

Kudos to you on continuing to set new goals. I've no doubt you'll reach them.

See ya soon!

Amanda said...

Nice yearly mileage - you kicked my butt, but I'll take the ~1400 that I did this year :)!

Ah, the lure of the TRI has caught you. That is awesome. Can't wait to hear about the training for that half Ironman and then your race experience. So cool!

Team Voice has been awfully quiet this year for sure. I agree we should do something about that!

And here I am slumming it with a 52" HD - I feel so deprived now :)!