As mentioned previously, Lorraine and I competed in a local 5k today. One of the few shorter events that we make it to annually. Just a nice course, great raffle, etc. while I didn't place in my age group this year, I was able to set another PR and Lorraine did as well. The field was about 100 more than last year (390 or so) and apparently a lot more men in the 30-39 group, to my dismay ;-). So, last year was 21:58 and I placed 16 overall....this year I was 21:00 and placed 17 overall. Yet, I was 6th in my age group, guess it was the rain last year that kept them home. Lol.
Oddly enough, I think I could have been faster, just wasn't feeling really strong today, but happy with the result...room to improve. Lorraine kicked some butt and knocked around 1:20 off of here last years time. She finished in 25:42 or close to it. She did great! Her teenage niece came out as well and did just fine for her first run of the distance.
And yes, I noticed the new marathon course for January, sounds cool, just wish they would somehow nix the backstretch to Animal Kingdom, but what can ya do. I'm starting to think about going Goofy this year....will have to think about it more. Noticed they are at 61% full though, so I probably can't wait too long ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats to you and Lorraine on excellent new PRs - you both rock!!!
Going Goofy - would could be more fun than that?
Nice!!
I agree with the Ak section. Exciting!!
Post a Comment