Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Great Outdoors

No, no John Candy or Dan Ackroyd...Just me on the open road jog'n right along. First run outside for me in a couple of weeks, so it's sort of an accomplishment. Working from home today, so it made it very easy to get one in. 4.51 miles total at an average pace of 8:04. Not bad, thought I'd be slower as I wanted to warm my lungs up for the first mile (8:16). Did feel a little pain as my lungs expanded on the first monster hill which is only .3 miles from my start. Settled in though and felt okay the rest of the way. Still, a balmy 45 degrees and wearing shorts and short sleeves! Gotta love it.

This blog was almost entitled "Throw me a fricken bonus", but I like the other better. Totally unexpectedly my boss hands me a letter stating that I recieved some kind of team award and would receive a cash bonus, woohoo! Really just happy to have a job given the economy and all....but this was really nice as it's been insane lately... Sooooo, not worrying about getting the annual pass or spending money while down in the World anymore! Not exactly "drinks on me" money, but perhaps if y'all show up to the Rant-meet I might be persuaded...

One more thing. My daughter bought me the coolest gift ever today! My wife took her to the Disney store and she told her they had to buy me this Perry the Platypus stuffed animal. It growls like Perry and everything! Best Gift EVER! am I looney or what? ;-)

2 comments:

Jeff W said...

Hey everyone Lapu Lapu meet Sunday after the Dole Whip Meet. Drinks are on Chris!!!

Rae! said...

That's is so cool!! Congrats!

And great job on getting out there. Man you still are fast.
Isn't it cool when the kids think of us, when in the Disney store? I love it!!!

Have a great day!!!