Friday, December 19, 2008

Sorry for the hiatus

I'm back! Sort of! This week has been nuts with year end closeout projects at work..."landing the plane" as our finance folks call it, takes a bit more work than we originally anticipated. Also, it appears they want us to "take off" our financial plane for 2009, so that took a good amount of budget work as well. Throw in the final class for this segment (Marketing) for my MBA program and I had a nice work/school sandwich going on! Anyhoo, all my year end closeout, year beginning budget/renewal, etc., and Marketing work is done! Got an A in Marketing to boot!

Thank you all for your kind comments on the B-day and the unfortunate incident that happend! Window was fixed last Tuesday, so everything is back to normal, sort of.

Training has been treadmill based as of late due to the activites mentioned above. Snowing and 27 degrees here today, looks like we're forcasted for 8-12 inches, fun fun. Anyhoo, I'm off from work till Jan 5 and will hopefully have some outdoor runs during that span! Haven't had a good food week or two which is disasterous given that I've been scraping by on the running. :-( Injury to insult, I've had this pain in my lower leg for two weeks now. Seems to pop up when I use the treadmill more...I'm sure it'll be fine though.

It's getting late early! Up and at'em T.V.

Fantasy Football...for those who care... I fell short in the MouseGuest fantasy football league this past week. Was the #2 seed in the playoffs and bounced in the semi's...considering that my team was autodrafted for me...I'm actually happy that I made it that far. I'm in the finals of my "money" league and hoping to bring home a championship. So, for all you football fans...let's root for the following players! Donovan McNabb (Go Eagles!), Thomas Jones, Maurice Jones-Drew (had a good game last night), Pierre Thomas, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Lance Moore, Seattles own John Carlson ;-), Eagles Defense, and some kicker dude...forgot who I have....

3 comments:

Matt said...

Ok first of all... Finance is evil, and who ever created it is the spawn of the devil! That's why I've decided to go to Law School!

Glad that we're both back! And you're right, it is getting late early... I just hope it's not too late!

MikeF. said...

Nice roster. Too bad Fitzgerald might not even play. They have their spot locked up. The Fantasy guys gave good marks to Pierre Thomas. Good luck Chris.

Great job on the A in marketing.

Rae! said...

Chris,
So how are you doing? Are you ready?
This is great!!