Sunday, June 13, 2010

207 Days to Check In...

That's what Delta is telling me about my flight to Orlando. Hmmm, so I've got to be ready to run 39.3 miles in that amount of time...YIKES!!! Given the fact that I'm about 3-4 lbs overweight right now and haven't run a long run over 6 miles (did that one yesterday) in two months...got a lotta work to do. With the weight thing, I'm actually 7-8 lbs overweight for the race as I want to be much lighter on the limbs for that, we'll see...

No worries, I kinda figured these months would be tough with school and all, but worked got nuts further complicating the workout schedule. The plan was always to kick in on the mileage in the July timeframe on through November and start to work down in December.

Oh wait....forgot to say...where the heck have I been! LOL The above kinda says it all. School (two more weeks) and work have dominated life....What can ya do. The weight gain has more to do with eating habits than workouts. I know better than to keep up the calories when the workouts are down, but did a pretty horrid job of it. Time to put my behind in the past, as they say....

I know I've got to start catching up on blogs, thanks for bearing with me folks! This is probably the right time of year to get the chatter going though. Is anyone else shocked that the half-marathon is only 60% full? and Goofy is only 50% full? Guess people don't agree with the media that we're on the road to recovery. Ha!

As Mike-Speed would say....Keep Moving Forward!

3 comments:

Rae! said...

Hi there!!! I checked yesterday and Goofy didn't have anything up yet. Gee I guess I better get busy and register.

Glad to hear from you. We all have been battling some weight gain. You're not alone.

Justin said...

What happened to the days where the Goofy was full in 3 weeks, and the half by March? Just this last weekend, Expedition Everest had same-day race registration. What's up with that?

Could it be the Mongello effect? He declared that running is stupid last October following the 2009 Expedition Everest Challenge and Monsoon. But his believers probably only account for part of the drop.

I think people are more skittish about the future now than they were a year or two ago. I've read from numerous places that people are planning vacations short term instead of long term now. We will probably see it fill up rapidly in the months just before Marathon Weekend.

So, you're fat now?

Amanda said...

Welcome back Goofy buddy! Good to hear from you again.

Two weeks of school left - woohoo! You must be so excited.

You'll do great getting the miles back in. Like you I hadn't done any real long runs and I was able to get 8 in last weekend - granted I had to walk/jog it, but it still felt good.


I have no doubt you'll do fine with the weight as well. Unlike me - I've decided that the endurance is going to have to come first. Weight will just have to follow some how.

Keep us posted on your progress!