Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mama Mia, That's a Big Party!

Some one eye'd cretin reminded me that I had this ADR for Mama Melrose in January and needed to update my counts! Okay, so he's got two eye's and promptly reminded me that it's "creetin" and if I wanted to insult him, I should do it properly.... :-)

Jeff sent me the update and we're down to 2 open spots folks, wow, that's a big party! Anyone know where we can add 2 to get us to 15? Anyone who's on the list and I've got the numbers wrong, please let me know.

What I've got:
Me
Amanda
Jeff +3
Rae +3
Justin +2


Traininig - I'm good there, I think. Not as many miles as I've wanted to get, but have been averaging about 30 for the past couple of weeks. Put in 23 run and 30 bike miles this week which has caused me some other issues which I won't go into here...might just be an uncomfortable long run tomorrow. Nuff said.

Gotta get another pair of shoes for breaking in late December. Any thoughts on Goofy shoe strategy? I was thinking about running the half in a different pair than the full to try and keep the feet as fresh as possible.

Still need to drop a couple of pounds prior to the run, but if I can get down 1 or 2 and maintain it through the holidays, then I'll be able to get where I need to be for race day I think.

Great Skype call today, got a chance to talk with Rae (Eric in the background :-)), Amanda and Richard. Actually was nice with only a couple of people as it was easy to work the conversation I think.

January is right around the corner folks, pedal to the medal! Scary, ain't it? :-)

3 comments:

Justin said...

It's always so long between my posts and comments on the blogs that--whenever I post--I feel like Jacob Marley crossing over from the afterlife to give you a message from somewhere beyond.

Scrooge, SCROOGE . . . At Mama Melrose you will be haunted by three spirits from the Wyatt party.

Rae! said...

So is that our only ADR??

Amanda said...

Wow - that is a big party. Should be a great meal and perfect before the half!

I was thinking the same thing with the shoes. Which is why I started breaking in a new pair today - and you know, blisters happened!

Hope you're feeling better and are more comfortable so you can keep getting the miles in!