Friday, July 1, 2011

"...I said, but I'm TIRED...I've been walkin' all day!"

"that don't confront me none, as long as I get the rent money by next Friday...." 

yeah, I'm weird....a little Thorogood for y'all.

Feels like I've been running all month though, so yeah, maybe I am a little tired...  Still, nothing like the mileage that Amanda has been doing! WOOT! 

I'm proud of the 126.65 run miles I put in during June (second best monthly total for me), and even adding in 107.22 bike miles (and one 20 minute swim last night ;-)) for a total of 233.87.  Not my highest run total, but I wanted to add in more bike and did that, so it's all good.  The swim last night was good, definitely showed that I haven't swam in a year, but I know that will change as soon as I start getting more reps in over the next month.

Annual total - 732.5 run miles; 265.72 cross-train miles.

I think I found the Tri that I'm going to compete in to meet my goal of at least 1 for 2011...  http://www.hartfordmarathon.com/Events/Amica_19_7_Triathlon_Ocean_Beach.htm  The issue....it's in 24 days.  I know I'm fine with the bike and run part, but want to make sure I don't drown prior to getting to those parts! LOL  Having said that, I'm confident that I'm in good enough shape to quickly ramp up on the swimming to muddle my way through it and then make up some ground on the bike, but more likely on the run.  Still need to talk with Lorraine to make the final decision, but I think I'm doing this one.  Wish I could do the one that my company puts on, but we'll be in the World when they hold this in August.  What can ya do.

2 comments:

Rae! said...

I think you will do just fine in that tri. Remember, you can flag a life guard, if you need a rest, and they will stay with you if you ask. And it doesn't matter if you swim on your back as long as you can do it!!

You guys are amazing with the miles. I started the 28 week goofy training.

When in August we thought about doing a weekend in August.

Amanda said...

Those numbers are very impressive and nothing to sneeze at for sure. I know what you mean about being tired - it's been a crazy year already :)!

I have no doubt that all the running and cross training will equal a super fabulous tri experience. You're going to do great!

August - ah, I want to be in the world, but I'll be in DL over Labor Day so I can't complain too much :).

Keep those miles coming and that marathon PR is totally in your reach!