So, last Friday (I think..) I was trying to decide what type of workout I was going to get after the kids went to bed. Maybe a swim...or a short run...maybe both....or perhaps a bike ride.... Or all 3. Yep, that's what I ended up doing, all 3. Started out with 20 minutes in the pool, followed by a 5k on the treadmill (Lorraine was still on the bike trainer), and then popped my bike on the trainner for another 20 minutes. It was an interesting experience as you truely do use all kinds of different muscles in the body. It was good though, and I felt pretty good about being able to compete in a Tri come July 24.
Of course, I do realize that these events are a bit different in execution than what I did at home, but it's more about mechanics than anything, and mechanically speaking, I'm confident that I can compete and do fairly well. This is all based on being able to get 3 pool sessions a week in between now and then to build up the swimming muscles. I'm pretty darnded excited about it, actually. :-) I set this goal 2 years ago, and I'm going to meet it right on time, nothing better than that. Now, if I could just get Lorraine to buy into my hairbrained "climbing Everest" dreams! LOL
This month has started off pretty well, got that "mini-Tri" in and surrounded it with some quality running. 27.3 miles thus far in July to complement the minutes in the pool and 13 miles on the bike.
Vacation coming soon, woohoo! Looking forward to the blazing sun down in Florida and the 80 degree morning runs. No, seriously, I'm looking forward to it. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome - I haven't done that in a while since I don't have access to a pool any more, but it is fun to do a mini-tri or a sprint tri for practice. I'm sure you're going to be just fine in terms of doing well and finishing strong at your tri on the 24th!
Uh oh - I'm going to have pick up the pace on the miles. You're way ahead of me already :).
I'd be quite happy with 80 degree runs. We've hit monsoon season so today was 107 and muggy (humid for us). At 4am it was 92 - blech. Oh and not to mention the fact that you'll be on vacation in Florida!!!
Yay! Transition set up, remember to put your bike on the rack facing the way you want to run out with it. Helmet on your head first before you unrack the bike. Get a bright colored towel so you can find your bike. I have yellow.
Have fun and hang out and check the boards see if you get an award! Passing on the bike, always pass on the left, and you need to do it in 30 seconds. Don't draft the bike in front of you. Penalties.
Sorry I love it. These are things that get over looked sometimes. Funny thing my first my daughter was standing near my bike at transition yelling helmet first!! Ha ha
Post a Comment