Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rain, nor sleet, nor snow...

Or hurricane Irene was going to stop me from today's run!  Well, a power outage would have....so thankfully, we were one of the lucky ones and our power remains intact!  Got 9 miles in at a pretty slow pace.  Wasn't feeling all that motivated as we stayed up fairly late watching non-stop hurricane coverage.  The primary track of the storm was about 40 or so miles west of us (CT and NY border).  However, the whole CT coastline is pretty well flooded.  Seeing as how I work on the coast, I might be remote for the next couple of days while they clean up the area.  We were going to take tomorrow off anyhow and go to Six Flags in MA, but thinking we'll find something else to do as I'm sure they won't be in full operation.

In any event, today's run puts me a bit over 110 run miles for the month and I've got 45 bike miles in addition.  I'm planning on another medium run like today's for tomorrow if we've got the time and the roads aren't too bad (don't think I could do it again on the mill...God Bless Amanda for the gigunda # of miles she's racked up on the mill!!!!  I could do it on the work treadmills, but not my home one.. too squishy).

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to hear that you're safe and sound from the wrath of Irene and hey, working remote isn't so bad!

Good job on the miles. You get in a couple more runs like that and you'll be over me in mileage for the month - I'm at 111 right now and am only planning short runs up until Disneyland...but I do have 98 miles on the bike :).

I don't blame you one bit on the not wanting the treadmill all the time...I am so ready for fall and being able to get outside and do some running. Tried yesterday and only managed .8mi before turning around and heading back to the mill.

Rae! said...

Glad you guys are all safe. I wish I could work remote!!

I hope you had fun at six flags.

Miles and miles.
I am so ready for cooler weather too. I can't wait to get back out side. Here it is raining early am hours and in the evening hours. treadmill and spinner.