Haven't posted in a while, just lazy I guess.... The week in the World was nice and I was still able to get 30 miles in while away even though I took a couple of days off due to vacation schedule. The 1BR at Boardwalk Villas was okay. Just okay as I think we were spoiled this past February when we stayed in a 2BR at Old Key West. OKW 2BR's are HUGE! Those rooms have tons of space and just worked for us from a layout perspective. Differences between the two (aside from the extra BR) are full size fridge, full size washer/dryer, realistically seating for 4 people at the dining table, second bathroom (although, that might be normal for 1BR's to only have 1....however, AKV 1BR had two large bathrooms...). I'm sure this is the same stuff other people gripe about as well. The one very large thing BWV has going for it is location....and if you have ever been in real estate, it's "location, location, location"! Many food options on the boardwalk, a quick walk to Epcot or the Studios...and the coup de gras (or something like that) the surrey bike! Nothing like a surrey bike workout with a kid in the basket ringing the bell madly at innocent boardwalk strollers. We used the pool a bit more than we normally do as well, but it was just okay. The big hit at the pool was the water slide. It is a pretty nice one and both kids were able to ride it.
This is turning into a BWV review which was not my intent....but basically, we had a good time. The one thing I didn't like though was with the purchase of the refillable mugs. At BWV there are a number of places to refill them, but they don't "refill" them...they just note that you have it and then fill a vending cup and hand it to you...i like the self-serve approach that seems to be employed at all of the other resorts (unless this was a change that I missed somewhere).
Anyhoo, I'm still sort of on track for my marathon training. Put in a total of 16.75 miles last Sunday. Averaged an 8:39/mile, but I wasn't going for speed here. The intent was to ramp back up on the longer runs as I wasn't going over 13 previously. This weekend is going to be challenging as I might have to do it on the treadmill since Irene is going to hit us on Sunday. I know there are people out there that can put in 20+ on the mill, but I'm typically not one of them! We'll see....I think I really need to gear myself up for that one....
Speaking of the Hartford Marathon...they release the course info the other day and it changed from last year (and the previous year when I ran it last). They took out a couple of hills I think, although, it appears to just be a reconfiguration of the same route I ran in the past....but it does put a couple of largish hills in the first couple of miles versus mile 20...that'll help for sure.
Will try to post more with the marathon a comin'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck in the storm. And training seems to have slow down for me as well. Long story.
Long distance on the TM, not sure I could do that either.
Ah, embrace the treadmill. It is your friend. Long runs on the mill are tough so have something to keep your mind off the boredom and it'll help.
Glad you had fun at WDW. Seems like forever since January!
Hope the training goes well for the marathon and the long run is amazing!
Post a Comment