
Hi all, back home to reality and not loving it... to be expected.
Firstly, thanks to everyone for their support over the past year, it really helped keep me on target throughout. If I didn't have this community to chat with I'm honestly not sure I would have stuck with running or pushing myself to achieve. Just made it that much easier.
Having said that...I'm disapointed.... I know a sub two hour half marathon is good and all, but feel like I let myself down a little bit. November was such a good training month for me and got me down to running just over an 8 minute mile during my training, and then I gave it all back in December! So, yeah, I'm happy with the sub 2hour, but know I could have done better if I had been more disciplined. Didn't taint my trip at all as I had a blast! I know it was a great trip cause I feel that post trip let down more than I have in quite a while (sign of a great trip!).
I'll probably muse about all this over the next month or so, but wanted to blurt it out now cause it's been festering since I finished the race. Will give my own race recap in the next day or so.
Once I get back up to speed at work and school I'll start to figure out the plan to meet my next goal of completing a full marathon in October of this year (Hartford Marathon). Not sure if we'll make it back to Disney for Marathon weekend next year, but the hope is there. As I've told most of you guys, my wife would like to run the half next year, but is battling hard with some foot and knee issues. If we do go, there won't be a time consideration for me, I'll definitely be running/walking it with her!!!
I'll try to get my pictures up soon, only have a few...
and yes Mike F....GO EAGLES!!!!!!! (that's what got me sprinting to the finish line, a kid with an Eagles hat was cheering me on in the last .10....I gave him an E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES chant and he yelled back "Go Eagles" LOL
Firstly, thanks to everyone for their support over the past year, it really helped keep me on target throughout. If I didn't have this community to chat with I'm honestly not sure I would have stuck with running or pushing myself to achieve. Just made it that much easier.
Having said that...I'm disapointed.... I know a sub two hour half marathon is good and all, but feel like I let myself down a little bit. November was such a good training month for me and got me down to running just over an 8 minute mile during my training, and then I gave it all back in December! So, yeah, I'm happy with the sub 2hour, but know I could have done better if I had been more disciplined. Didn't taint my trip at all as I had a blast! I know it was a great trip cause I feel that post trip let down more than I have in quite a while (sign of a great trip!).
I'll probably muse about all this over the next month or so, but wanted to blurt it out now cause it's been festering since I finished the race. Will give my own race recap in the next day or so.
Once I get back up to speed at work and school I'll start to figure out the plan to meet my next goal of completing a full marathon in October of this year (Hartford Marathon). Not sure if we'll make it back to Disney for Marathon weekend next year, but the hope is there. As I've told most of you guys, my wife would like to run the half next year, but is battling hard with some foot and knee issues. If we do go, there won't be a time consideration for me, I'll definitely be running/walking it with her!!!
I'll try to get my pictures up soon, only have a few...
and yes Mike F....GO EAGLES!!!!!!! (that's what got me sprinting to the finish line, a kid with an Eagles hat was cheering me on in the last .10....I gave him an E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES chant and he yelled back "Go Eagles" LOL
4 comments:
Good luck gettin' back to "normal." I'm already feelin' that same post-trip let down and I haven't even left Orlando International yet (1 hour flight delay). Good luck getting ready for that marathon in October...we're all gonna be here in cyber land pushing you along. Oh yeah...now that the Eagles got the job done, I'm not afraid to say it..."GO CARDINALS!!!"
Hey man I am still here and we leave in 3 days and I am already felling the blues. Also if it makes you feel better I came in second. Bryans chip time was about 50sec. better then mine. So I have some unfinished business to attend to. Hopefully I will see you guys next year.
Hi Chris!!!!
It was great meeting you and putting a voice and a face together.
What a great time. Don't feel let down, you did great!! Improve from what you learned from this race as the couple from before. And improve on it.
Thanks for waiting for the rest of us to finish that was awesome.
It was great to meet you. I go back to work next Monday and all I want to do is head back to WDW.
Congrats on your finish! Hope to see you down there for another race.
Post a Comment