Game time... or almost...
Getting some short 3 milers in pretty much every day lately to try and burn some holiday weight and keep the legs moving. Lung have been feeling tight lately. Not sure if I've got a mild bug or what, but something to keep an eye on.
Happy New Year all, since I fogot to post yesterday! My wife has been working alot this week so I've been busy with the kiddies and little to no time for other stuff. Jonathan was looking for resolutions I think. I'm not big on the year beginning resolution thing, more of a change on the fly kinda guy, but I'll give it a go. Not sure if it's a resolution or a directive, but I'm resolving to run a full marathon this year in under four and a half hours. I'm taking the conservative approach on the time as I've never run longer than the half marathon and have no idea what I'm going to be in for! I'm shooing for the Hartford Marathon in October, but who knows...I might try to get one in this summer if I feel up to it, just to give it a go. Perhaps the real resolution here is that the running thing isn't just for 2008, I'm resolving to keep this going into 2009 and hopefully will make it permanant after that!
Little trip anxiety as I'm still working on my "plan" and haven't talked with the friend of mine that will be heading down with me! Not sure if he's going to buy into the plan or not...it's all good, I don't mind flying solo in the parks if he wants to do something else. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sounds like a plan! I'm also resolving to run a full marathon this year. Maybe I should follow suit, and do a resolution post.
Hmmmmm....
See you soon!
Post Disney I too want to keep things going.
I am considering doing the full Des Moines marathon next Oct.
But before we get there we will need goals along the way. My next official run after Disney might be the Iowa Speedway 8k in April then Dam in May.
Stay healthy. Soon you soon.
Good for you! It will be cool to watch some TVers train for an even bigger race in 2009!
Sounds good see you soon!
Post a Comment