Sunday, December 13, 2009

Happy Birthday...

To me! :-) Well, I made it to 35 (half way to 70...) and appear to be well. Hey, no complaints out of me as I'm probably in the 2nd healthiest state of my life thus far. First time was when I was on the football team in college, man I was ripped! Too bad I didn't realize how fleeting that was otherwise I would have enjoyed it more. If you take into consideration the time value of health (ripped off from my finance class in realtion to the time value of money....I hate finance), I may actually be in better shape, relatively speaking.

But, to quote Austin Powers "what does it all mean, Basil?". It just means I'm still thankful for the ability to be healthy/happy. Sometimes life just doesn't give us that choice, so I'm fortunate enough to have it (for now). Some family issues in regards to health recently, so it tends to make you reflect even more. So again, I say, I run because "I can" until one day when I can't....

Heavy post today, huh. Sorry bout that, just throwing down some words that come to mind. Anyhow, I'm hoping to get some sort of long run in this afternoon just to get outside. It's a lovely 33 degrees at the moment with some sleet/freezing rain on the way, so it'll be a blast for sure.

Can you believe we're only a couple of weeks away from the best weekend of the year? :-)

6 comments:

Matt said...

Finance = The work of Satan!

Happy Birthday buddy!

MikeF. said...

Happy B-Day buddy!!!! Hey I turn 31 on January 5th.

Amanda said...

A very happy birthday to you and a very unmerry birthday to the rest of us! Now it's time for you to enjoy the day and just be at peace with what you've accomplished!

No, I can't believe how close WDW Marathon weekend is - and I am as nervous and excited as ever!

Justin said...

Happy Birthday Old Man!

Anonymous said...

Happy happy happy birthday my friend.

Looking forward to whatever's next for us all...

Hey - have you heard about Club 8? Hmmmm....

MAIN STREET AWAITS!

Rae! said...

Happy birthday to u!!!Happy birthday to u!!! Happy birthday to Chirssss, Happy birthday to uuuuuu!!! {a little late}

Ha We are so close, and make it seem longer , see you next year!!