Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1 on 2

Well, the wife is out of town and I've got the kids till Sunday. So far so good, my son had his normal day care day today so my daughter and I went out for breakfast, played in the foot of snow that fell yesterday (predicted light snow...yeah right), and did a bit of shopping. Full day and it's not even 3p. Gotta go to pick up the little guy in a bit and it'll be the 3 of us for the remainder of the week/weekend. Don't worry, I picked up some wine to relax with after they go to bed! LOL

Running has slowed down a bit over the past week, not because I don't want to, more due to my insane schedule as of late. No worries, I'm going to supplement with the treadmill as much as possible while the wife is out of town and will get back on track with the longer outdoor quality runs as soon as possible. Of course, I'm in NYC for 3 days next week and Mondays are shot due ot work and the MBA program all night (excuses, excuses, lol). I still plan on running the "Colchester Half-Marathon" on the 27th. Just going to treat it as a training run, which is great cause it makes me get out and get the mileage in. :-) I'm going to have to get another longer run in on Sunday as my back-to-back Feb challenge, but not sure what the mileage will be.

I was thinking about how many races I've put in over the past two years and wondered what the list would look like if all of the Team Voicers combined thiers together....bet it would be pretty impressive. Of course, Amanda's list alone would put us all to shame! Perhaps we can get a thread going on the boards to pull this together?

Be safe out there folks!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

An impressive list of races - that sounds so strange, even to me :)! I guess over the last three years I have done quite a few races, even if I'd had to walk them. I guess it's good I found something that I like. Something I can do alone, but enjoy with others. I do love to run.

A half on the 27th - awesome! I signed up for one on the 6th :)! Good luck - I'm using mine as a training run too.

I hear you about work and life making it hard to run. I've been multitasking on the bike this week. Migraine's kept me down, but I need some mileage so I can do my reading, bike and catch up on TV all at the same time :)!

Good luck with the kids - you're going to need a vacation after the weekend. You'll be out running in that foot of snow just to get out in the quiet ;).

Rae! said...

You are doing great no worries.
Yeah a list would be impressive.