Went to my first physical therapy appointment, not much to report. Apparently, most people with the same affliction can barely walk, so I'm early... I've been given some stretching for it along with an order to stretch my hammy's. Apparently they are extremely tight. I've never been the most flexible person, but now that I think about it, I really haven't worked at it. Holy stretching, this thing is going to take over my life! LOL. Anyhoo, they gave me a "block" for my shoe to try and correct some issues there and will gauge whether I need custom orthodics or not. Guessing I do though. Good news there is that my insurance covers it 100%....so what the hey, why not do it! So they do laser eye surgery, do they have laser foot surgery?
Training-wise, I've put in 5k's for the past couple of days (snowmageddon outside so it's on the mill) and plan to keep the mileage under 8 per run till I get used to the "block" thingee for the shoe. I will do a longer back to back run for the Feb challenge, but it won't be this weekend I don't think. PT therapist told me I was nuts for signing up for the Goofy...goes against all the training rules apparently....oh well.... :-)
Work is still nuts and doesn't appear to be letting up till, well, July or so when we leave for Disney. Can't wait for that trip!
Side note - We were at our local Disney Store and I asked about the new NYC store. He said they are being secretive about the locale, but everyone knows it's in times square somewhere's...I'm going to have to spend some work time in NYC in the near future so hopefully they'll open soon so I can swing by! (May be a work trip to Tokyo as well....but we'll see...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good thing you caught it early. :)
Have a great weekend!
Glad you got the PT going for the IT Band.
Honestly, breaking training rules by doing the Goofy. Well, if you're breaking them I've thrown them out the window and ran over them with a train :).
NYC Disney Store should be great. I loved the other store and I have to imagine that a store in Times Square will be even better.
Japan - I'm jealous. I've always wanted to go to Japan. Took three years of Japanese in High School and College (not that I can speak it now) :)!
Post a Comment