Since September was a bit of a regression month for me in terms of mileage. 65 run miles and 30+ cross train miles. The workouts weren't as frequent as they were the month prior, but this does tend to ebb and flow along with my work schedule, so I do what I can when I can. However, I did pull myself away from strictly running to do more biking and elliptical workouts, and I know they are just as valuable (even though it doesn't feel like it when I'm looking at the run miles..). Pretty much all the experts tout cross-traiing to keep the body fresh, but then again, they are probably still getting 30-40 run miles a week in addition to the x-training..
In any event, I did get my 5k PR, so goal met there. and I'm down 2-3 lbs when I was shooting for 1, so goal exceeded there. So, September wasn't really all that bad of a month I suppose.
For October I really need to get back to the mileage and get more geared up for the short recovery running. I haven't put the plan together yet, but the work schedule is starting to become more solid, so I should be able to do this soon. We're in that 3 month window to January, can you believe it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
September doesn't sound that bad. Sometimes work and life does get in the way, but you did some great cross training miles and they do help.
I cannot believe it's three months to Goofy - I am starting to get really nervous!
Post a Comment