Sunday, September 19, 2010

2319!! 2319!!!

No wait.....there was no 2319....Although, coming into the 5k up in Providence I was dreaming a bit about running a PR of 23:19, how cool would that be, I thought, I could pull of the whole Monsters Inc. joke and be thrilled at a fast PR and some Disney humor.

Well, no 2319.... that's cause it was a 23:11!!!! I didn't have my watch, so I wasn't sure what I actually ran, though it was in the 23:20's, but wasn't sure.

Overall place : 614 (of 5977 finishers)
362/1471 (in the age group M30/39)
Clock Time : 23:28
Chip Time : 23:11
Average Mile : 7:28

Course was flat overall with one decent size downhill in the beginning and then of course the same hill, but up, for the finish. Did this sans headphones as I felt I could regulate the breathing and not throw myself into an asthma attack, yeah, I'm one of them loud breathers I think... Legs were definitley feeling it after mile two, but I kept pushing it and obviously happy with the result.

Yeah, I know it's only a 5k, but I'm darn proud of this 5k. Having said that, I think I could do a sub 23 minute run... If didn't have to deal with some cramping in the back toward the end, I think I might have been able to squeeze a little more out.

Okay, so, no more races planned, just some quality Goofy training to get ready for January.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome! You ripped through that course - I'm very impressed.

Now save those legs for a bit of Goofy running in just a few months' time!!!!

Rae! said...

YAY!!!!
Nice! Your time makes mine look like i am standing still.
Awesome!

Princess Fee said...

Way to go!!! Wow!!! And I agree with Rae, your time makes it look like I haven't even started yet! ;)

Justin said...

Awesome time!

Now all you have to do is string together about 12 of those 5K's an you'll have one heck of a Goofy's Challenge finish time.

mgreene said...

All that hard work and dedication is really paying off for you!