Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Disney Advertising

Anyone notice how much more Disney has been advertising in running magazines for marathon weekend as well as the other races? Just goes to show you how bad the economy had taken a hit on the registration for these things.... I recall two years ago when the 1/2 for Jan. sold out in a month! Just amazing.

How are all the W&D folks feeling about their run/wog/walk coming up? Just don't go out there and try to cram for it folks, steady is the name of the game. If you didn't train for a PR the past couple of months this is definitely NOT the time to do it! We don't want any Team Voicers hurting themselves. Just do what you can in the time you have left and have a blast as you know you'll all finish, so just focus on the little stuff now whether it be losing an extra pound or two, or just staying consistent with your workouts to ensure a good finish. :-)

4 comments:

Rae! said...

They are in everything!! Well gee it is hard to fork out 310 for the goofy and you're unsure if you can do it.

I just wish I could get a grip on my breathing. it is taking over. I sound like a smoker.

I enjoy the added miles I have been doing. Lot less stress afterward. I can't wait to go!!!

Amanda said...

Now that the Disneyland half is over and I didn't push myself at all and still finished - I am so ready for the Wine & Dine.

I hear you on not pushing too hard and getting injured. That's why I walked the DL 1/2 :)!

Hope things are going well with you.

Justin said...

There's definitely something going on with the January Marathon Weekend Registration. Let's see if there is a registration spike following the Disneyland Half or the W&D Half. There was a definite registration spike for the Princess Half following the 2010 Marathon weekend.

I agree, don't train like crazy all at once right before a half marathon. That is a recipe for complete disaster and injury. You're not going to get a PR that way. Just focus on the fun and finish if you don't feel totally trained. Save the PR for the next race.

Princess Fee said...

Great point, Chris. Thanks for the encouragement! I am definitely not aiming for a PR - I am trying to finish it comfortably. I feel like I haven't got the mileage in, but I have been running no less than 6 miles on my LSD for the past few weeks, so hopefully that helps! Thank you to all!