Well, sort of. Funny how a 5k now isn't really a big race anymore...However, this one has a little more flavor to it being the national 5k championships. Sounds like there will be 4-5 thousand people there? Crazy stuff for a 5k.... I'm looking to PR and think I've done the work to do it, but we'll see. Different PR'ing on a training run (yes, did this the other day, 23:56) and doing it in that much traffic!
Not sure how the 2hr drive up there is going to affect me either, but planning on a comprehensive warm up run for the lungs and a good stretch before the start. Since it's a Team Pfizer run, they want us to wear the singlet, but I might just do it for the team picture and then throw on the Team Voice colors. :-)
My foot is back to 100% after a few days of being sidelined (those from the skype call will remember), so that's good. Plenty of icing and stretching really helped. That, and I haven't put on the evil shoes since...I might wear them for the 5k though...they are just so freakin' light and quick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Singlet? As in a Pfizer-blue-leotard-like-spray-on-spandex onsie?
Dude, I'd go with the Team voice colors too. Save the Singlet for Jessica Rabbit.
Remember when...
3 miles was the big deal? Holy cats I do.
Glad the foot is feeling better. It's an interesting experience running a 5K with 4-5 thousand others...The Komen 5K here in Phoenix has over 10,000 - but if you run it's much easier to get ahead of the crowd :)!
Post a Comment