Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting Closer....

Getting closer to Christmas, for one, and I'm sad to admit that I just don't have spirit this year. Not cause I don't want it, just has been a taxing year on the projects I've had. I do feel like it's getting better but have I run out of time? Surely I can get back into the swing of the season, right? I believe it's possible and I'm going to do what I can for sure!

Anyhoo, we are also closer to the WDW Marathon Weekend. I still have a lot of work to do, but took a large step today in completing a 20 mile run. Took it real slow as I'm still concerned about my leg, but got through it. My ITB is pretty sore now though and in great deal of continued stretching. So, it took me 3:15:xx to get the 20 in. Considering the terrain, this is really not that bad. Probably one more long run like that and then will keep it mellow through January.

3 comments:

Rae! said...

20 in a little over 3 hours is awesome!!! You are going to be great!! Sore but great!! I will volunteer to push you around in an wheel chair if you need it!!!

MikeF. said...

Hey buddy you are doing great. Just do not over do it before the race. And I hear ya about it being a taxing year. But I just can't get down during this time of year. Keep moving forward!

Amanda said...

I know what you mean about the Christmas spirit...I just don't feel it this year either...To much work and not enough play I say :)!

Considering it took me twice that long to get through 26 miles - I think you're going to be just fine for the races...That is an awesome time!

Keep that stretching up and make sure you ice when you need it and rest when you need it and you'll do great!