Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where does the time go....

While the summer training and whatnot seemed to drag on, the fall has flown by and we're right on the edge of marathon weekend. Amazing. While I'm probably "ready" for the Goof, I still have a bit of work to do to even have a shot at meeting my goals for this race. I tell ya, this year has been a real challenge for training. Finishing up the MBA was good, but then work has been double demanding to fill up that time. However, the numbers don't lie, and I'm going to be over 1000 run miles for the year, best year by a couple of hundred miles (in my 3 years running anyhow). So that might be why it's felt like a tough year, no training downtime except for being sick a couple of times. Which reminds me...the whole house is sick and I woke up feeling similar. Feel a little better now and will get a good run in shortly, but hoping it doesn't get worse in the next couple of days, can't afford it.

Leg has been getting progressively better, thankfully! Still not sure what was going on there, but will see the orthopedic in January for sure.

November was a good month overall, I believe I ended with ~109 run miles and 50 or so cross train miles. Not quite Amanda-like, but she had a SUPERB month and is going get all Grumpy on Dopey this January! Go Amanda! She was definitely inspiring to me in the middle of November where I was having a tough time getting going.

Got my magical express tags yesterday, right around the corner!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh no...illness is not allowed, not now...Lots of fluids, vitamin c and whatever else makes you feel better!

I have to travel next week and it's freaking me out. I almost always get sick when I have to travel...I can't afford that right now.

Like I keep telling you - you have been pushing me along and helping me through my tough spots so I'm glad it's been mutual :)!

Take care of yourself and we'll see what this next week brings.

Rae! said...

Vit.C kills everything!!

Well I am glad you had a great year in miles.

And you got your magical express tags!! YAY!! Excited??
I did send an e mail out I may not be there. As much as I would love to be We just may not make it.