So Santa brought us a Wii this Christmas and I was immediately hooked on Wii Sports Resort Bowling....and now I have the rare condition of Wii Arm. Kinda like Tennis elbow, but more in the shoulder region. All kidding aside, I love to bowl and haven't had time to be in a league for years now, so I might have overdone it a bit in the past couple of days. The darn thing is very realistic in the movements where spinning the ball is concerned, almost exactly the throwing style I used when bowling...without lugging a 16 lb ball around the ally.
Anyhoo, I've had another obsession as of late that I think a few of us Disney marathoners can relate to. Weather watching! Since my last post I've discovered AllEars.net has a page of like 8 different weather forecast sites for Disney weather. 5, 10, and 15 day forecasts, it's a weather watchers paradise! LOL What does that mean for Marathon Weekend? Well, apparently not great things if the 15 day forecast I saw is correct. Goes from 74 and sunny on Friday to 60 and raining on Saturday (59 Sunday rain in the AM) with lows in the 37 degree area. Then it miraculously clears up on Monday. Is that weekend cursed or something? Okay, okay, I'm not exactly sold on a 15 day forecast quite yet.... probably just maddening as I want to know and check it constantly, but understand the variability. I'd take the temps they are predicting if they could cut the rain out of the picture, yep, I'm down to "lets make a deal" with the weather!
Put in 8.5 today leaving me 8 miles shy of 100 running for the month. I've put in another 85 cross training to make December a pretty productive month overall. Right at about 1000 run miles for the year as well. A bit less than I wanted to put in, but I have far exceeded my expectations for cross-training miles which I think has really helped keep me from larger injuries. Combined mileage for 2010 will come in somewhere around 1350. Probably a bit more if I recorded long walks, but I have a tendancy to forget those....maybe it's due to the Wii Arm....
7 days till I head down and 10 till the race....Woo....Hoo....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am obsessed with the weather as well...I am making deals with the weather gods as well. I would be okay (in fact happy) with cooler temps minus the rain as well. I remember how wet and cold it was during the half this year and would like to not repeat that experience :)!
Wii arm - I am familiar with that as well as XBox thumb...Serious conditions indeed. Careful - you don't want to run the Goofy with your arm in a sling!
Weather hounds!!!
Sweet!! The bowling is so much fun! We have the Wii fit!! Hula hoop!! Can I add you as a Wii friend?? The fit is fun and you get a great workout!
So what does your Mii look like?? :)
Post a Comment