Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Race Roster

So I was thinking yesterday about how I'd like to attack the rest of the year from the "event" perspective.  The only one I'm registered for (aside from the Disney full in Jan) is the Hartford Marathon in October.  I do want to get in at least 1 sprint Tri (or longer distance), but have not selected one yet.  What I think I might do is to register for escalating events with Hartford Marathon topping it off in Oct.  What I mean by that is that I just recently trained for, and PR'd, a 5k.  What I'd like to do in the next 30 days would be to do the same for a 10k, and then a half in the following 30-60 days.  The thought process is that the training for each will help me keep the speed goals as well as escalate the mileage appropirately to get me to the marathon. 

This week I did drop the run mileage/intensity down a little to ease the lungs back from whatever I had last week.  I was able to put in a few back to back sessions run/bike too, which helped as well.  Planning on ramping up the bike miles this month to save the legs although I'll probably end up doing more of both (time permitting).

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds like a smart and fun plan. It will definitely keep you focused on the speed and help you stay focused on what you want to accomplish.

Glad you're letting the lungs recoup a bit and those brick workouts will be great for getting ready for a tri!

Rae! said...

Sounds good. {damn lungs} Try a tri. You'll like it!
Glad your feeling better.