Friday, September 2, 2011

August Recap

Good month, probably a soild "B" overall.  I came into the month thinking I was going to come out knowing exactly where I stood for distance and speed for the upcoming marathon.  While I didn't get the two very long runs in, I did get a good idea of how my body would react after the 1 16+ miler.  I'm planning on 20 tomorrow and a 23+ in a week or two which should solidify my training for mid-October. 

Mileage-wise, I ended up with 124.65 running and added 45.2 on the bike.  Not a bad month considering I had a week long work trip and vacation in the World for an additional week. :-) I've kept my weight down as well, hovering around 189-190, which is down 5 lbs from where I have been the past 2-3 years.  With that, I'll be right at the weight I'd like to be for mid-October if not a couple of lbs lighter....just need to watch that evening snack-fest that I love. 

I was pleasantly surprised at my annual running total and where it positions me for my annual total in comparison to the past 3 years.  I'm at 990.75 for this year (added on 5.1 yesterday) with 4 months left.  I haven't had a month under 100 miles this year, so I'm looking at 1400+ miles running for 2011.  The past 3 years looked like this:
2010 - 982.46 (348.21 cross training miles)
2009 - 719.04 (1085 cross training miles...more due to injury and surgery)
2008 - 703.69 (*started running in February of 2008)

Feel like I've come a long way with my running since I decided I would start running for the 2009 Disney Half-Marathon....  You could say about my running.... "remember, this was all started by a mouse..."  I sometimes joke about writing a book titled "How Disney Saved My Life".  Honestly, it may not be far from the truth as I haven't been in this good of health and fitness since my first year of college...in certain aspects, I'm in better shape now than I was even then!  Had it not been for the challenge of running a half marathon in Disney, I may have never picked up running and who knows what would have happened. 

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Nice miles!!!
You are so right!! It did start because of a mouse!DO you remember when 3 miles was long?!

Amanda said...

Awesome month Chris and you beat me by a few miles...WAY TO GO!

It's fun to look back and see where you were and where you are now. It's amazing what Disney races can do!

Keep up the great work and you'll have another PR on your hands!