Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mid Year Report

I know I've been pretty quiet on the blog front, but knew it was one of those items that had to fall off a bit due to other obligations. 

Anyhoo, things are going as well as can be expected.  Over 115 running this month and around 80 on the bike.  The running is on pace with last years output, but the biking is all new, so I suppose it's helping me become a bit more well rounded.  I'm still planning on a sprint tri in late July (same one I did last year, Amica Tri series - New London).  However, I haven't signed up yet, and need to get my rear in the pool/ocean.  Probalby need to try out the wetsuit before the race....the tough part is figuring out when...yes, like every day/weekend is packed through July for some reason.  I'll find a way and will better the swim from last year.  Not hard considering that I bombed it last year. On the bright side, the bike and run should be a piece of cake.

Finally signed up for the Disney Marathon.  Was thinking Goofy, but I wanted to be realistic about my ability to fit in the right amount of training to do it the way I want to....  The training regiment I'm doing now lends iteself well to the marathon, but I'm not sure I'd have the time for the doubles.  I also decided that I'm not going to run the full marathon in Hartford this October,  just going to run the half along with Lorraine.

Looking forward to the increase in communication that comes with the Marathon Weekend planning, which happens around this time of year. :-)  Hoping we can do the "Mama's pre-Half Carb Load Meet" for the 4th year in a row!

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Hey!!! Glad to hear from you. Glad to see your all are coming in Jan. Waiting to hear from my boss on which race I am doing.
Yep it is that time to plan Jan.
The tri you did last year you still finished. :)
Good to hear from you over on my blog. Thanks too!! :)
Have a great weekend.

Amanda said...

Glad that you were able to make some decisions on races. And hey, it's the full medal and new course that really matters next year and you don't have to get up extra early for all the race days - nothing wrong with that.

Mama's sounds good to me :)!