Friday, August 15, 2008

I Want To Fly Like an Eagle....

In more ways than one! Huge Philadelphia Ealges fan....E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!! (yeah, and I can spell too! ...sometimes..) and our very own "Mike and Mike" (G and F) consistently inspire me to "run like the wind"...or is that "ride like the wind"? Hmmm In any event, I gots to get fastah (the "ah" in there for you Heath ;-) Total Boston thing.. Anyhoo, before I make this post so unreadable that y'all just git up and leave, I wanted to share today's run results!

Decided to run a quick 5k instead of loafing off on the computer while eating lunch.

Mile 1: 7:30
Mile 2: 7:57
Mile 3: 8:10
Mile .1: 0:51

24:30 for my 5k. I'm pretty darn happy with that result as it was sans headphones, in some pretty humid weather, and with all the crazy hills in my area. Been working on not using headphones during my runs for safety and to look a little more professional. :-) The headphones really helped me as I've got that whole crazy asthmatic breathing thing going on when I run hard and the music distracted me enough to where I didn't shut it down thinking I was hurtin'. With as much work as I've put in, by my standards, I think I'm now able to get by the crazy breathing and produce some good times.

So there it is...my one minute update that takes like 10 minutes to read!

PS - Still not MikeSpeed as he's just off the charts now!!!! Jeeez!!! ;-)

5 comments:

[rich] said...

Nice times dude! I've been running around without the old iPod (only because it's dead) - makes crossing the roads a whole lot easier.

Have a great weekend.

Matt said...

Are you still watching that evil pro football? LOL, I think I need to have a Pro Football rant. Hmmm...

Great Times! I guess "Chris Speed" is the same as Ridiculous Speed and "Mike Speed" is Ludicrous Speed.

MikeF. said...

Chris that is some awesome improvement.

And just because I LOVE football. The Bills make me wana shout! Pick my heals up and shout! Throw my hands back and shout! Ok now that's done. What do you think of Donovan's comments the other day about the player.

mgreene said...

Chris, pretty remarkable time considering you've only been doing this since January! I think you set the bar for the TeamVoice members!

mgreene said...

FYI,
In our HTC Sprint Triathlon this AM, we disqualified our first two runners who disregarded our headphone rule. Announcements were made over the PA system prior to the race, but were disregarded. The runners were DQ'ed and no times will be posted for them.