
Sooo, I'm standing in my driveway this morning watching....my breath? Not to mention that I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt. Ah, where has summer gone. Oh well, the great part about it is that my lungs seem to work much better whilst running in said "fall-like" weather. An epiphany? Yeah, probably not. However, I was able to get in one of those quality runs that I've been talking about lately. 5.7 miles last evening @ 8:40/mi average, and it felt outstanding. Looking forward to seeing what I can do for this Saturday's Apple-of-my-eye-10k!!! Looks like a high of 65 here in southern New England, so I'm looking for some speed out of this thing. :-)
Still a ton of yard work to do. Put it on hold due to time contraints, but the mud-hole needs a retaining wall or it's going to fill itself back in... Need to get those pics of the yard that I've been promising posted.
Off to the "Big E" tomorrow. The Big E, or the Eastern States Exposition as it's called, is an enormous fair combining livestock, products, food, rides, etc. etc. from the New England states (and no...New York is NOT a New England state contrary to popular belief....but CT IS part of the Tri-State area....go figure....or at least I think it is....hmmm). This is the one time a year where I can enjoy a huge Maine baked potato, maple cream cone of Vermont, a draft Sam Adams Cherry wheat, and freshly made apple pie with cheese on it (don't ask about the cheese, I don't....). Going to need that 10k on Saturday to work off the food! LOL
Still a ton of yard work to do. Put it on hold due to time contraints, but the mud-hole needs a retaining wall or it's going to fill itself back in... Need to get those pics of the yard that I've been promising posted.
Off to the "Big E" tomorrow. The Big E, or the Eastern States Exposition as it's called, is an enormous fair combining livestock, products, food, rides, etc. etc. from the New England states (and no...New York is NOT a New England state contrary to popular belief....but CT IS part of the Tri-State area....go figure....or at least I think it is....hmmm). This is the one time a year where I can enjoy a huge Maine baked potato, maple cream cone of Vermont, a draft Sam Adams Cherry wheat, and freshly made apple pie with cheese on it (don't ask about the cheese, I don't....). Going to need that 10k on Saturday to work off the food! LOL
2 comments:
TGIF (Thank God it's Fall)!!!
I say good riddance to summer!
Livestock? There had better be corn.
Post a Comment