Monday, September 15, 2008

Status...

Running - Fifteen days into September and I've got 28.7 miles logged. Not exactly what I'd call outstanding, but considering my schedule so far I'm okay with it. I'm trying to focus on quality runs this month given the time constraints. Friday's 8.7 would fit into that category. Averaging around 8:58/mi over ver hilly terrain is quality for me and I'm happy that I didn't lose to much ground due to the decrease in overall monthly mileage.

I'm shooting for 2-3 regular runs per week with a long run of 8+ miles on the weekend in order to keep in shape for the Hartfor Half marathon Oct 11th. I'm also targeting a 13.1 mile training run two weeks prior to Oct 11th, which would be the 27th or thereabouts. Also, the 20th is circled on my calendar as well for what I'm dubbing the "Apple a day keeps the....get my revenge from the horrid performance put in for the cornfest 10k run....wicked queen away" run. Too wordy? :-)

MBA class tonight for another 8hrs. I'm hoping that we get out early as my Philiadelphia fighting Eagles are playing the dreaded Tony Romo and his merry band of pop singer girlie friends....otherwise known as "The Dallas Cowboys" on Monday Night Football. Gotta watch this one on the TV versus a static-y AM radio station on the hour car ride home. Why can't XM radio just finish this Sirius merger and get us the NFL already! ha! Maybe that's one for Matt's political rant blog...hmmm....haven't been there in a while, perhaps it's time!

5 comments:

MikeF. said...

As a Bill's fan and a Syracuse(college) fan I hope your Eagles and D.M. give a huge beat down on the Cowboys.

Heath said...

I'm no Cowboys fan, but as long as Crayton gets about six receptions with a touchdown I'll be happy.

Nice job with the runs...keep up the good work!!

Craig Wheeler said...

What a game...what a game. Your class lasts eight hours? When I was doing MBA, I refused to take two classes on the same day...would have been about 5 hours.

Rae! said...

Hey good to see you getting it in with your busy schedule.
Shirts $ 17.99

Rae! said...

The yoga thing. I just started messing with it a week ago. My trainer suggested mediation to help deal with stress. So On fit tv if you have direct tv,I have been recording it. Some of it is hard and some of it is not. I do it before I go to bed, I have been sleeping better,and I have been doing it before everyone is up in the am and I can deal with the stress of work better too. Try it. You may like it and you may not.
Plus it helps the stretching part after the runs. :)