Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Are we there yet?

Almost asked myself that question today when I saw the mail. A nice neat little letter package was in there with the words "Disney Magical Express" on the cover. Then it hit me, my luggage tags and such, ahhhhh. First time for me using magical express, so it was a little exciting to see. :-)

Feeling a little bit better today, well enough to tough out a 5k on the mill just now (not too much hacking afterwards). Looking forward to getting outside for this weekends run...it's been too long since I ran outside. Feel like I'm in confession or something "So my son, how long has it been since your last outdoor run?" TOO LONG! I'm learning that it's not only the desire to get out there when the temps dip to a ripe temp of 30'ish, but its other stuff too! Like, it gets dark around 4p, so there goes the after work run (too many nutty drivers...and other nutty things...people..etc...wouldn't feel safe). Would run during my lunch, but I've been working straight through lunch and it doesn't appear to be letting up (I know, I know, be thankful I've got a job! or that I'm not run down by a mob of Christmas shoppers...jeez that a sad story and state of affairs....:-(.....)

Anyhow, enough of my bitching! Happy to at least have the treadmill outlet when life gets in the way of nice fulfilling outdoor runs! The plan is to get a long run of 12.5 in this weekend and do one final long run in two weeks (probably on my birthday, the 13th...gives me good leverage to take a couple hour run!) I'll be thinking of all your Mousefesters enjoying your meets on the 13th, wishing I was there.... Perhaps next year as I'll have that annual pass burning a whole in my pocket!

How's everyone else doing? Rae, you still with us? We NEED ya! :-) Looks like Heath is back in action, woohoo! Deb has been kicking tail for like 12 months...Mike-speed is priming his jets...Jeff is...well...I dunno...tending to the corn?... Jonathan sounded in good spirits last show.... Dare I say it...Team Voice is primed and ready to roll through WDW? I know there are plenty more T.V'ers out there too!

3 comments:

Craig Wheeler said...

Glad to see you are feeling better.

How do you plan to do your long runs leading up to the race? I've seen suggestions of having your longest run 1, 2, or even 3 full weeks before the race. I think I'm going to shoot for my last long run two weeks prior. I'll probably do 7 or 8 miles the weekend before.

DebWDW said...

So glad you're feeling strong again! And you will LOVE sticking those yellow MGE tags on your luggage and having it magically show up in your room! (But it usually takes 3-5 hours, so make sure you carry on anything you will need when you arrive, like shorts or a hat or medicines.)

Rae! said...

That is cool. I am glad you are feeling better. Thank you !!! I will be there as long as my job grants it.