Hello there folks, just now getting around to figuring out how to post when not actually logged into the Blogger site. The funny thing is that I work in Technology/Informatics! How lame am I!?!? Okay, don’t answer that…. That’s when happens when you start to manage projects, you lose touch with the latest and greatest. Anyhoo, just a quick post to give this a go, hope it works.
Training-wise, it’s been tough over the past couple of weeks to get any more than 10 miles a week in (with a couple of elliptical sessions to add to that). Not thrilled, but have dusted off my home grown Weight Watchers tracking spreadsheet to help balance out the lack of runs. All in all I’m somewhat near my weight goal for the month, still need to lose a couple more pounds for 192 though. May end up 193/194 which isn’t horrid, just means I need to figure out a way to get the mileage back up.
My wife and I are going to register for our first 5k of the year (May 16th I think). Was a race we ran last year, nice easy flat course. Hoping to beat my best 5k time of last year (24:17), but we’ll see. Will be happy with anything sub 25 minutes.
May also brings a milestone for our fall Disney trip as we’ll be able to make ADR’s….woohoo! Have some draft ideas at this point and will solidify them by the end of the month. This will be my first 10+ day trip to WDW, as we typically opt for the 6-7 day deals.
6 comments:
I'm jealous-I'd love a sub 25 5k. Sounds like a fun race though.
Just keep trying to get out the door and train as much as you can and you'll do great.
Sounds like you've got the eating under control too-that's awesome!
I know you ain't whining about being at 194! Haha! Just get back out there and you'll do fine.
Good test5 run here. Hey your mileage isn't as low as mine for the month. So don't feel so bad.
When this fall??
Only a sub 25 min. for a 5K. I expect more from Stroller-Speed! You and your fam. will have a blast with that 10+ day trip. That's what we did for the Half this year and it was great knowing if you missed something you will still have a lot of time to get back to it.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but you can't make ADRs anymore until 90 days out. I found out when trying to make reservations for Chef Mickey's a couple months ago. I'm chomping at the bit (no pun intended) to make ADRs for my Sept. trip.
Good job on the training front. Keep it up!!
A sub 25 - 5k? Wow!!! And 194 - HOLY CATS. Dude - you're doing great. And as always, keep it up!
Post a Comment