I signed up for a 13.1 for the TV challenge and by golly, I did it. I'm whining about my knees now and think that it is getting more serious, but waah waah waah.... The knee will be fine come January as I'll give it a little extra rest going into Disney, and I'm still going to break the 1hr50min mark on this half..... The only excuse will be that I got tripped up by Donald Duck's huge flipper and broke my face or something of that nature....
13.1 in 2:03:56 (I think that's what it was give or take a second or two). I wasn't going for any kind of time here, just a good even pace to put in the mileage, but since my watch tracks it...I figured I'd state it. It was bloody cold when I left (35 degrees) and didn't warm up a heck of a lot either, but I was able to keep from getting one of those lung cramps that I've become acustomed to in the cold weather and feel pretty good overall (sans knee). Starting my gym workouts this week and will slowly creep into some more weight training through December (hoping it will help with the knee).
Other Random thoughts:
* Work is nuts, and so am I
* Start another MBA class tonight (can't wait till this is all over...6 more classes!)
* Just realized my son shares his B-day (yesterday 11/22) with Donovan McNabb...interesting...
* Is it January yet?
* No, really...How much wood COULD a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
* Black smoke from my chimney this morning (neighbor woke us up to tell us) does that mean we have a new pope or something? That or my water heater is acting up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great job on getting the miles in. Knee problem huh? That sounds familiar. And it is White Smoke for a new Pope. Love the Family Guy episode where Peter kidnaps the Pope. "I'ma the freak'nd Pope" classic.
Wow - great job on the 13.1 and at a great time too. You're going to get that PR this year for sure!
Post a Comment