Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Day Off

Today is our planned day off from the parks. Which gave me the opportunity to get out for a morning run. A 6.1 miler in what felt like unreal humidity. Probably not that bad, but compared to what we had back in CT, it was pretty brutal. I typically enjoy running when down here on vacation, but I really haven't during this trip (with the exception of the running I did when we were at the Beach Club last week). Not sure why, just doesn't feel all that great and it could just be the air/humidity, who knows.

We went over to Downtown Disney for the rest of the morning and did a bit of shopping. Due to the overcast and sometimes rainy skies, so did everyone else. Really packed, but we were able to get what we were looking for. Tried out the Earl of Sandwich for lunch. Can't believe I never tried this place before. Really liked their sandwich and it wasn't all that expensive in comparison to the park food (5.95 for a good sized hot sandwich). I was full after half a sandwich so I took the rest home.

Anyhoo, my favorite park (the Studios) on tap for tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it goes. :-)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I really like Earl of Sandwich too! I have the same trouble running in FL - way more humidity than I'm used to!

Rae! said...

SO were in DTD is the Earl at?? What's on it?