Ya know, like the theoretical "speed of Mike" not actually visions of Mike running around in my head, what kind of sicko do you think I am, yeesh!?!!?? ;-)
Put in a 5.5 miler yesterday as the temps were in the mid 40's and I didn't want to waste it with arctic cold on the way for today and the rest of the week. This was my tempo run and I was able to keep every mile under 8min (like just under...7:57, 7:56, etc.). Man, I was pretty psyched aobut that. Apparently the weight/strength training is starting to pay off, who knew!?!? I'm not saying that I'll average under 8/min miles down at Disney, but I'm encouraged by the progress that I've made towards my goal of a sub 1hr 50min half marathon. So the strength training continues and I'm still putting in the miles for January. Very un-like last December where I had a strong November and cruised through December....wasn't exactly helpful for my Jan run...
Hope everyone is happy and healthy!! and Thanks for the B-day wishes! and what is this Club 8 thing? I'm still behind on the podcast thing....did I miss something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Club 8??? No clue.
Greta run. Maybe I can get speed stick to sponsor me. haha
Still way to much like summer here. Yuck.
I wish I could run that fast.;) Maybe one day.
Club 8? I'm not telling. But it is exciting.
You're cruising along a lot faster than I am during my runs right now. I'm still aiming for mere survival this January. I don't know whether I should aim for 10 minute miles or not.
The answers you seek probably aren't on any podcasts.
Yes you are some kind of sicko!!! HAHAHAHA! Great job on the pace. Now keep it up.
Not that there is anything wrong with that! haha!
I have no idea about club 8, i realized today that the last time I listed to a podcast was back in May, so I'm WAY behind... if you figure it out, let me know!
Sounds like a great run and a great time....Guess I should get back to that strength training as I found out how much it helps too, but have not been doing it.
Keep up the great work!
Post a Comment