Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dang, and Donald #2 for 2010

First, dang knee/IT band is sore after the long run today. However, I can't expect that I'll be healed after two days of stretch modification. I'm putting in my paperwork for physical therapy tomorrow and will hopefully start soon. We have physical therapists on site at work and they don't cost a thing (awesome!). Not to mention that it'll make getting to and from therapy very easy and I won't have to really miss much work.

Second, well, yeah...achieved my 2nd Donald run of 2010 today. I didn't get out as early as I wanted due to just not wanting to get out there (temp guage read 22 when I got up) and then I went to change my son when something went horribly wrong in my back. Totally locked up for whatever reason. Took about an hour before it started to mellow out. So I dressed and got my rear end out the door. Warmed up to 30 by the time I left, and felt pretty darn warm the entire run (very little wind). Did my normal 13.1 route through the hills in my area and felt pretty good overall (2:01:29). I was trying to slow it down and think I did for the most part, but know I can dial it back a bit more and need to start doing that on those runs over 10 miles. it's tough as I always feel like I gotta be somewhere..LOL. Knee felt good through the bigger hills, but started to tweak around mile 11, nothing major. I stretched out pretty good and have iced it from time to time. I'll see what the therapists want me to do, but I have a feeling they'll tell me to dial it back for a bit. Booooooo! Meanwhile, I think I just heard Goofy laughing at me from somewhere in the deep south.... Gawrsh!

RTD Update: Run miles - 73.61; Bike/Elliptical miles 26.7 Total miles= 100.31
**Justin mentioned that he was only going to include run miles in his totals for RTD, so I can't let him just hang out there...I'm going to do the same, although I'll still put in the combined miles for status.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I started my run at 36 degrees yesterday, but for me it was nice and sunny so it was pretty good the whole time.

Glad you got out even though your back and knee were bugging you. Great job on getting another Donald done!

I'd love to just count my running miles, but with over 2100 miles to get to WDW I'd never make it if I did that. As it is, I'm planning on running more miles this year than I have the last three years combined...Guess that'll have to do :)!

MikeF. said...

I hear ya. But it's been like 38 and raining here. We got a break yesterday morning so I was able to get outside and get in 5.16. I am getting really tired of the weather here. Good job on getting in the miles Chris. Keep it up.

Rae! said...

Well here it's been in the 80's and some humidity. Yuck. My legs finally came back.
And the is awesome you got another Donald in. Don't you burn yourself out.

Rae! said...

Well here it's been in the 80's and some humidity. Yuck. My legs finally came back.
And the is awesome you got another Donald in. Don't you burn yourself out.

Rae! said...

Well here it's been in the 80's and some humidity. Yuck. My legs finally came back.
And the is awesome you got another Donald in. Don't you burn yourself out.