Saturday, January 30, 2010

Running to Disney Update

Okay running this week, a good outdoor tempo run the other day (5.2 miles @ 8:20/mi) and a couple of decent treadmill runs (interval and recovery). Probably not going to hit 100 run miles for the month which is what I would have liked to do, but have added in more cross-training. Since I have been doing the additional ITband stretches I haven't had an issue there (knock wood), but still planning on getting in for the physical therapy and why not, I have a script for it and it's FREE!!! :-)

Run Miles - 86.06
X-Train Miles - 32.7
Total - 118.76

Will probably put in a couple more miles tonight on the mill as I want to do some hill repeats and will try to get a longer run outside tomorrow. The outdoor run might not be in the cards though as we've got an icing situation going on...we'll see, I may brave it as long as I think I can feel safe. Sooo, that should put me somewhere in the neighborhood of 96-99 miles (depending on the long run...."ooooh we're gonna make it, if our loooove is a stroooong one.." -Eagles).

Work is insane busy across two major projects right now, but there is a possibility that they are going to give me some resources that can help me out...we'll see... The good thing is that it gives me extra "umph" when I get my run in. Great stress release.

Looks like I'm going to be running the Colchester 1/2 marathon Feb 27th as my sister has signed on to watch the kids that morning. We used to live in Colchester a while back and my sister is still there. The run is notorious for the hilly terrain, so it's totally a pacing exercise for me, no time requirements on this one.

3 comments:

Rae! said...

YAY!! Lots of mileage. Way better than I have done. course I can't hardly get out the door or down the street w/o Mom this Mom that, or they will call me!!!
Work, well is work. . The other 4 letter work.So is Lorianne running to?

Amanda said...

Awesome job on the miles this month!

Glad to hear the ITB is feeling better. Definitely do the PT - you may learn some other really good ways to stretch things out that you can use later on.

Another 1/2 sounds good - I bet you'll do a great job on it.

Justin said...

You ran further than I did! Good job.