Sunday, January 31, 2010

Frigid Run - January Recap

Well, I ended up getting out this morning despite coming up with every excuse in the book why I shouldn't. A brisk 15 degrees, but winds of only 5-10mph so after about a mile it wasn't too bad (in the sun anyhow). Put in 9 miles overall as I started to feel the extremeties showing signs of freezing. The tough part was dodging cars as most of the walkways weren't shoveled or were a sheet of ice. Most cars were great and split out pretty wide to give me room, for which I would wave and nod my head....there were a couple that wanted to play chicken however.... What can ya do..

Total run miles for the month came in at 95.06 with an extra 32.7 coming from the bike and elliptical for a total of 127.76. So I'm 95.06 miles closer to Disney, yeah! The goal for the first 6 months of the year is to get in the neighborhood of 100 miles per month and then will start to kick in a bit more once the MBA program is done (can't wait for this.. gonna party like it's 2099). I'm not committing to the Hartford Marathon just yet, need to talk with the wife as we get closer to it, but think it will probably happen... Going to change it up a bit more in the early summer and work on speed a bit more. I want to get that 5k time down to 23's and that will require more speed work on the track. If nothing else, it will keep the training interesting. :-)

Yes Rae, Lorraine is still running. :-) She just put in some work on the treadmill a little bit ago actually. She was wearing TV yellow tonight as well... She's going to be training for her first tri this summer and will take in a couple of the 5k's with me I'm pretty sure. Trying to get some of our family members out there for a 5k or two.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad you made it through your icy run. That's great.

You are just way to fast for me - oh how I would love a 5K any where near 23 minutes...I don't think that will ever be in the cards for me, but that's okay - this year is all about distance for me!

Amanda said...

Glad you made it through your icy run. That's great.

You are just way to fast for me - oh how I would love a 5K any where near 23 minutes...I don't think that will ever be in the cards for me, but that's okay - this year is all about distance for me!

Rae! said...

Now that's just cold. And mileage monster you are for the month of Jan. I am going to try to give you a run for those miles for Feb. ;) It will help keep me going.


Yay Lorraine!!!!

23 minute 5k?? Sweet!! I want to get mine to 30. WOW. Post what you are doing for speed work. Maybe I can give it a try.