Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mid-August Report

Half way through the month and I feel pretty good about the mileage build-up, but something is still missing. Got an 8.7 mile run in this morning under cloudy skies with a temp of 77. Think that I need to get back to the gym for some weight training. When I started it up early November last year it really gave me a boost in my training as well as my overall per mile time. This week is going to be tough at work as I've got people flying in from a couple of places to be heads down in a conference room working, but will see what I can do.

Run miles for August thus far - 52.90 (might be off by a tenth) with a bit of swimming thrown in there. Haven't put in miles on the bike but will look to do more of that in the second half of the month to give the run muscles a rest. Goal is 110 miles running for the month, and get a 13.1 mile long run in. Shouldn't be an issue unless this week goes badly at work (not anticipating it though).

Been pretty quiet on the Team Voice front, hoping that everyone is just too busy running and no time for the computer. :-) I've been chatting with my buddy Matt who put in a nice 6 miler today, WooHoo! I know it's tough to get that kinda mileage down in that ridonculous heat, but he's committed for sure. Keep up the great work, Matt!

4 comments:

Rae! said...

Don't stop riding when running just set it up on different days. Later in the week I can send you one of my triathlon workouts so you can see.
Keep it up.

Today I am off. I ran 11.68 miles in three days. I am so sore I can not sit down! I waddle walking I am so sore. But I got back out there!
1.68 was all hill training new program.

Amanda said...

Got a 7 miler in today and felt pretty good about it...Glad to hear the month is going well for you. Hope this week isn't so bad that you can't get the miles you want in!

MikeF. said...

Looks like things are going pretty good here. Keep it up Chris!

Matt said...

Go Buddy!

Yeah, get that weight training in. It really helped me in January. I'm just doing machines right now and I can already feel a difference.