Sunday, August 8, 2010

Never Show Surprise, Never Lose Your Cool....

Coughlin's law... just watching a little "Cocktail" and I've all but run out of tag lines....

Just over 26 miles in the month so far, feeling good about the month and the steady build up of miles based on July's 90 mile performance. Shooting for ~110 or so and will get a short recovery double long run at least once to kick off a monthly occurence as we move into real Goofy training territory.

Gotta watch the snacking in the evening, the major achillies heel as of late. However, I'm happy in that I'm back down to 195 after hovering around 198/199 for a while (over 200 for a bit there....). Time to push towards making 192 my maintain weight and then down towards the end of the year. I had always targeted 188 as the weight I want to run the Goofy at. I know I shouldn't have a time goal for that race, but since it's still far off....I'm wanting to complete the whole deal in less than 6hr 30min. Crazy? nah, I actually think I can do it based on where I think my half time will be and given what I think I can do for the full (if I don't have ITB issues again). Either way, I'm going to have a blast running this thing, but for me, the time thing does motivate me. I figure, if it motivates me to stay healthy and get the mileage in...then it's a good thing.

Anyhoo, great Team Voice meet today, really like talking with y'all. Looking forward to the virtual run at the end of the month.

Last note, NBC re-aired the 2009 Ironman World Championships yesterday during our meet, totally bummed that I didn't DVR it! Only got the last 30 minutes... Here's a link to a great video on YouTube though, if this doesn't get you pumped up I don't know what would! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iROsDCzDRRI

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love that you have Goofy goals...My goal - finish while still alive and smiling :)!

You've really upped the miles as of late - that's awesome!

I'll get there, it's just taking me a little longer!

Princess Fee said...

Great job on miles for this month alone! WOW! You are definitely an inspiration!!

And snacking in the evening is my major achillies heel at the moment too... I remember the last time I lost a lot of the weight it was stopping snacking and instead I would drink a bit more in the evening. Back then it started with Diet Coke but I think maybe drinking a lot more water might help? I think half the time it's more mental...

Sorry I didn't to the TV skype - I can't wait for the next one!

Rae! said...

Want me to send you some Ktape for the Achilles heel?? it comes with directions. Easy to use.
Ask E he loves it.