I tell ya, I've been trying out these new Brooks Ravenna's and I'm not sure if it's the shoes or what, but I've been running like I stole something lately! Oh wait...maybe I did steal something...nah..or did I....nah...
Put in a 7 mile escalation run yesterday where you keep upping your pace every mile till you've hit the roof. I don't think I hit the roof, but I ran out of time... Anyhoo, I was running a 6:47 mile at the end and didn't feel bad at all. Of course, I probably couldn't sustain that at this point, but it was very encouraging to know I could get up there. I averaged right around 8 minute miles overall, still not bad at all and something I haven't gotten back to since January. Today I put in 6.35 and ran most of it around 8 or 7:50ish. The shoes are defintiely helping, they are much lighter than the Asics 2150's and more of a curve style at the toe. I'm sure there are technical terms for this, but you won't find that on this blog! LOL.
On the buddy front, Matt is doing great! He put in a monster 6 miler yesterday in the heat and has been pushing towards recommiting himself to weight loss. I'm darn proud of him. :-) He's got alot of work to do prior to December when he'll be sporting his thinner self down that aisle for graduation, but I've got a good feeling about it. Buddy or not, I'm going to be all over him like stink on a monkey till he achieves that goal for December, he deserves to succeed.
Might be off tomorrow or I might get my long run in, trying to work out the schedule with the wife....I'll post and let y'all know how it went. Would like to put a half in, but anything over 10 will do...depends on how much time I've got to do it (and partly the weather).
One more thing. Steph is back on-line so head over to her blog and give her some encouragement! http://theeyeofthetigger.blogspot.com/2010/08/back-to-start.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy cow - you are a monster...Those are some impressive speeds! I've been pushing and I'm happy when I can get under 10min miles ;)!
Go for the half, go for the half :)! You can do it....
That's awesome that you're working with Matt and helping him along. I know Eric has really been helping me be accountable :)!
Post a Comment