Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holding My Breath, But...

Soooo, the weather outside is frightful, but the 10 Day Forecast for Disney is so delightful.  No, really, on both counts.  It's in the teens here in CT (probably colder with the whipping wind chill) with a pile of snow on the ground, but there is hope.  I've been checking the 10 day forecast for Disney for over a week to see if I can get a glimpse of what the weather is going to be like for Marathon Weekend.  I tell ya, it wasn't promising... I was looking at highs in the 40-50's for a while..but a couple of days ago, the longer range forecast was starting to show highs in the 70's as it got closer to race day.  Of course, it's tough to trust a long range forecast, but at least there is hope, right?  I've still got my cold gear ready to rock for this thing in the event that we get closer and the temps dip. 


My dilemma is wether to check a suitcase or buy a new carry on... I have a 17" carry on, but that won't fit all my stuff, will need the 21" that I can get away with carrying on.  Might just check the bag, pay the fee, to ensure I've got enough space to bring clothing for all possible conditions (cold, hot, wet, icy, whatever).  Not to mention the two pairs of running shoes (will wear one on the plane). 

Training..oh yeah, there is that whole race thing...  I've begun to taper (probably a tad early) and won't do anything over 10 in the next week.  Legs have been thanking me for it as I've been struggling through some aches and pains.  Just need to watch the weight over the next week now.

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Nice out look. If we are not going to get higher than the 60's north FL is even lower. Where did you get that from??
We will see.

Amanda said...

Okay so I'm obsessed with watching the weather and I've been checking the Orlando Sentinel 5 day forecast, weather.com 10 day forecast, and accuweather 15 day forecast.

The forecast has been changing daily and today Accuweather was showing colder temps for the half and full days. Highs in the 60's lows in the 30 - 40's.


Thankfully I'm flying Southwest so I get two bags fly free. I'm glad too because with all the extra gear and fuel I'm going to probably need to check two suitcases :)!

Keep watching the forecasts - I know I will be :)!