Friday, July 4, 2008

A Great Disturbance in the Force?


Yeah, I'm watching Star Wars...how'd you guess? :-) I tell ya though, I think if I had Yoda holding on to my back when I ran, I could shave :30 sec of my mile time!

No run today, no wait, scratch that...no REAL run today. I did a 1.5 mi jog on the treadmill just to get loose and stretch. Was only suppose to be 1/2 mile to get warm, but it felt good and the kids were napping, so I kept going for a while. The stretch was the best part, felt really good and has stayed with me all day. Maybe I'm on to something here.... Anyone out there endevour into Yoga or something for stretching? I really need some kind of routine that will keep me honest.

Was going to do my long run tomorrow, but forgot my wife works tonight, so I'll have the kids by myself in the morning (and no, they don't like the jogging stroller...go figure...). Not sure what I'm going to do here, either try to get it in tomorrow night, or do a light run tomorrow night and then the long run Sunday. Anyhoo, legs have felt better today than they have in a month. A wonder what a couple of days off will do!

Pool is half full.....electrician still needs to put the LED light in and cover it, so we can't fill it all way yet. It's lookin' pretty darn inviting thought. They say they're coming tomorrow to "finish", but as usual, I'll believe it when I see it! Honestly, I'm really looking forward to getting some swimming in for cross training work, but the kids may have other plans.... :-)

Happy 4th, again... Lovin' the holiday, but hoping the neighbors stop it with the fireworks as the kids keep waking up...ugh...

4 comments:

DebWDW said...

Oooh, I hadn't thought about how good swimming would be -- great cardio but easy on the joints! Cool!

mgreene said...

Happy 4th , Chris

MIKE Greene

Matt said...

Haha, I was watching Spaceballs earlier. Irony!

Rae! said...

I rode Star Wars today too. :)