Tuesday, July 1, 2008

June Recap

What a month for running in the "Stroller" camp. Destroyed my previous "best" mileage month by 20+ miles, ran a half marathon in under 2hrs, and have taken the "Battle from Seattle" (or as I liked to call it, the "Thrilla from Mongella") trophy. Jonathan put up some great mileage and showed his toughness for sure. The great thing is that we both win as I think we're all that much closer to our best effort come January. Not to mention that the Dream Team fund wins as well. I've got to get on your sponsorship for weight loss, Jonathan, so expect a note from me soon.

One other June accomplishment that I tend to overlook is my average mile pace. I had set a goal to reduce my average mile to 9:30, but it appears that I'm averaging more in the range of 8:50 - 9:00. This just blows my mind as I NEVER thought I'd get there this fast (or at all). Just really surprised at what I've been able to do by sticking to the goals and giving my training an honest shot.

One more accomplishment for June. Had a goal of 2000 sit ups and 2000 push ups, and just pulled it off last night. Hit exactly 2000 for each.

Ya know, one thing bothers me.....I figured my singing would have gotten an "American Idol" like review from Jonathan and Bryan on the last show, but nuttin'!!! Perhaps that's a blessing in disguise, but c'mon guys! Rip it to shreds for the sake of entertainment!!!! I'm game! :-)

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Mike-Abs! OMG! I have been laughing for about 30mins. since I saw that. Just classic. And Jonanthan and Bryan's silence is just proof that they are better men then you and I. Because I would have been all over that phone call.

DebWDW said...

Congrats on a great June! It might be time for a new pic of the pool!

Rae! said...

You did great!!!! 2000!! sweet!!!