Monday, June 30, 2008

Going for 100...

After cutting my run short to 6.5 instead of 10 the other day, I didn't think I was going to make 100 for the month. :-( However, I got out for a quick 3.1 last night to put this within my grasp! Boss-man is working against me though as he just scheduled a meeting later in the afternoon. Will have to pull a good time if I want to get that 5.32 miles in for 100!! I'm up for it though! Yeah, I realize that some folks run 100 in a week, but I'm definitely NOT one of those folks, so I'm pretty darn excited to add around 30% to my average miles for a month (something like that..) Yeah, I'm a little bruised and have some aches and pains on a daily basis, but I feel good overall and happy to have the ability to do this. :-)

Was thinking about doing something crazy and training for the Hartford marathon (late Oct), but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to dedicate. I'm going to look into it though, come up with what a training plan would look like and try to train as if I'm going to run it. Will make the determination in a month or so depending on my progress. If I'm just not there yet, then I'm definitely going to run the half-marathon they run at the same time. Try to improve on the overall performance, endurace, and time. But today...it's all about running to 100! lol

Update - Ran 5.5mi after work, putting me at 100.18 for June, woohoo! Now for a day or two of rest, oy!

1 comment:

Rae! said...

AWESOME JOB!!!!!!