Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

To all the fathers out there, hope you had a great day. Wasn't too bad on my end except that we spent most of the morning packing up the car and heading home from the folks beach house. Good weekend, had a little fun and sun. The training highlight being my run Saturday morning. Now, the amazing part is that I actually got the run in.... Went to bed at 11:30pm thinking I'd get up at 5:30 and get 8-9 miles in. Well....my son hasn't been feeling well so he woke up numerous times coughing and since he was in the same room as us it was hard to just ignore (even though he slept right through it :-)). He settles down by 2-3am, ahhh now its time to really sleep...WRONG! My parents car alarm went off at 3am and then like every 30-60 minutes after. I checked on it at 4am, but apparently it had a mind of it's own. At 5am I was sitting there in the kitchen asking myself if I was really up for a run....car alarm went off again at that moment most likely telling me that I need to get out and run cause I'm not going to get sleep. Got my stuff on and went. First 3 miles were painful, but started to really warm up after that. Was on my way back towards the house and noticed that I'd probably get 7.6 miles so I decided to head down towards the coast guard station/lighthouse and loop back. On the way back as I hit 10 miles I was debating whether I should head back by the beach to try for 13, but knew I'd been out long enough and was happy to post 10.3. A day later and the legs actually feel really good, no icing down needed :-) Just a post note, 10.3 is my longest run EVER.

A shout out to Jonathan for crossing the 15 mile mark for the week! I knew you could do it, but wasn't sure if you were properly motivated :-) Will be sure to leave you a "message"... Did you like the extra challenge? Do you think you'd have done the 15 without it? Why not go for 20 next week! You just let me know if you want to propose a weekly challenge of your own... I tell ya, after that 10 miler, I'm reallllly thinking about doing the 13.1 for my long run this week....we'll see if I've got the time, but I sure have the will now.

So y'all have seen what motivated Jonathan and I during this month so far, what motivates you guys? Why keep pushing yourself? Other than the obvious fact that you want to finish the Disney half-marathon...

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Happy Father's Day!!!
You are doing great with your mileage. Trying to catch up. I have been training alot.

DebWDW said...

Amazing run, considering the night you had!