Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Heat is On.....


Literally AND figuratively. And no, I don't mean Axel Foley is going to take on the role as my trainer (or Glen Frey for that matter). Just got back from a 6 mile run that went for 4 miles... Confused? Me too! Actually...the best time for me to get a run in today was around noon in the 95 degree heat. Starting to come clear now, isn't it, the fuzzy math part that is. So I ended up cutting my run short as it felt like I was eating a humidity sandwich with every breath! Lesson learned... Either go for a short run in the heat, go in the early AM or late PM, or just do the work on the treadmill. Anyhoo, glad I got the 4 miles is as my body was like "Hey man, 3 and half is good...you put in 9 last Friday, give me a break!" LOL This is the same body that tries to sell me on the fact that Doritos are really good for me now as they don't include TransFats! Needless to say, I don't listen to HIM anymore... So I said to myself "self, you're doing at least 4." Glad I did! Gotta keep that mileage up as I fear that Jonathan is planning on making a run (pun intended) at me this week.
(New Challenge Alert) Which brings me to my next thought. To make this a little more interesting, I'm extending a side bet to Mr. Voice... You put in more than 15 miles next week and I'll leave a nice v-mail with a song....you're always saying nobody sings on the show (except you that is), so here's your chance! Song of my choosing, got something fun in mind....but a song nonetheless. If you don't put in 15 then you treat me to a sundae at B&C next January. :-) The question is "Do you feel lucky.....well...do ya..." :-)

4 comments:

Rae! said...

Kudos to you for getting out in the mid day heat. Awesome

MikeF. said...

Keep it up Chris. I need a running buddy for the half. What time did you put in for your finish? When I signed up I put 2:30. I emailed them and they will let you change your finish time. I asked for 1:30, but since my only proof was the Buffalo half time they only put me in for 1:44. Oh well. Keep moving forward my friend.

Chris said...

I put in for 2:30 as well, but looking for a half around here so I can provide some "proof"... There is one June22, but we're going out with friends the night prior...not sure I'll be up for that one...Another one in Hartford in October, which is more likely.

DebWDW said...

If there's 16,000 people heading to corrals, maybe they won't be too strict about which one you head into.