More on the picture in the coming days.....Just remember, I'm Nick Winters, and I'LL be doing the entertaining around here....Jonathan did 15 miles, yada, yada, yada.....Stroller Boy will sing the hits...yada, yada, yada.....and as the Soup Nazi would say "NO ICE CREAM FOR YOU...ONE YEAR!!!" Thought I had him by mid-week with so-so results, but the J-man cranked it up and won the week long battle. As much as I'm going to want to, I'm not buying a B&C ice cream for myself come January....I'll think of something, but I'll get Mr. Voice, and you're little side-kick too!!! eh-hahahahahahahaaaa. Whoa, I gotta get that checked out, who was that character...
On the training front, I'm still pretty happy about the 10.3 mile run last weekend, but still looking for more. Haven't ruled out that half-marathon at a local amusement park-like place this coming Sunday, but as I mentioned prior, we're heading out with friends the night before. Perhaps I'll be "good" and just have water with dinner.....hmmmm, what to do, what to do....At times like this I think "What would Jonathan The Voice Dichter do?".......
Going to be a tougher week than normal for running as I've lost about half of my team here at work and will need to play the multiple hat game till I can replace them, ugh.... We'll see though, still have a number of good people left and running is important for my mental health as well...so one could argue that I need to take even MORE time to run this week...LOL
Question - I'm watching Rae's workouts and there is a ton of variety in there, what is everyone else doing aside from running/situps/pushups? Hill work? Speed work? MGreene posts his speed work on his blog, and I had asked what that actually entails. Perhaps we can integrate some of this into an upcoming challenge....
Oh, and "What time is it...Summertime, it's our vacation, what time is it, party time school's out scream and shout"... okay, maybe not yet...and most of us aren't in "school"...just thought I'd get a HSMII ref in there... My daughter has caught on to this and the music is embedded in my brain!
6 comments:
Besides going to the gym 4 to 5 days a week. I have just started increasing my pace for 30 sec.x3 during my normal 5.16 mile everyday run. As I get used to the increased pace I will add more time. Keep it up Chris you are doing great. I would strongly recommend running at least one half to see where you are. Keep moving forward. Plus you will be hearing from Nick pretty soon. That's all I am saying.
So what do you want to add?? It is tough. I didn't know how tough it would be. I am hanging in there. And if you follow the what would the Voice do
?? Well you won't be doing the half this weekend. :)
LOL, had to get that dig in there, huh Rae. :-)
I actually did what Mike is doing a little while back in cutting :30 off the pace...I've actually been running almost a minute under that lately, but don't want to cut more just yet.
Thinking about adding some kind of speed or hill workout to the off days. Maybe 1/4 mi speed drills? Dunno, will see what mgreene says I guess.
Still tossing around the half for this weekend....trying to squeeze it into the family schedule of events. Starts at 7am so I'd probably be home in time..we'll see.
Cool keep us posted!!!
A little magic headed your way!!
Post a Comment