Spent a good amount of time this morning icing my shins. Now, I've never had shin splints, and not totally sure that it's what I've got now, but it appears to have subsided after a good icing. They have been sore since running the 5k last week, but I figured it was just sore muscles. If it gets worse, then I'll have it checked out, but for now it appears that it's just do to the increase in mileage on my muscle. Sticking to today as an off day....but if I get too antsy I may just get a quick mile in this evening, but we'll see.As for you Mr. Voice....the month is just starting to heat up..no really, it's like 95 degrees here today, kids are melting to the sidewalks...it's not a pretty sight. Too bloody hot to run in this weather...hoping that it cools down a bit by Monday, if not, well, I may hit Rae's 8lb loss goal in like 5 miles....LOL But what I REALLY meant is that the mileage-a-thon is just getting off the ground, and I'm looking for you to turn up that West coast heat...or is that what you already did? Oooooh, now I get it...it's 90+ degrees here on the East coast cause you "turned up the heat"...duuuuh!?!?!
"I want you, Balboa...I want YOU! You can't duck me forever!!!" "I pity the fool" (okay, the last one wasn't Clubber Lang, but c'mon, you can't quote Mr. T without throwin' in a "I pity the fool")
Reporter - "Clubber, what's your prediction for the June challenge with The Voice?"
Clubber - "Paiiiiiiiin"
3 comments:
it's a heat wave!!!!!
Take care of those muscles.Stretch!! That will help with the ice too.
Yeah stretch your claves out for shin splints (at least that was I was told)...
95 - that's hot!
PS - Jus linked to you from my site, hope that's cool.
thanks guys! Yep, stretchin like crazy and feeling much better today. :-)
Post a Comment