It's cooled down considerably here in the Northeast (down about 10 degree's from yesterday), but still was enough to make it a tough workout. Got a 5 mile run in after work @ 8:50/mile pace. Not sure why, but I felt like I was running in quicksand. Apparently the time doesn't agree. Perhaps I need to work on the pacing thing. All in all, a good run and getting more a more used to the heat. Brings me to 33 miles for June thus far. Heading down to Rhode Island for the weekend to visit with my parents. May try and get a short run in tomorrow, take Friday off, and get my long run in Saturday.
The big 10th anniversary for my wife and I tomorrow (June 12th), amazing how time flies when your up to your ears in applesauce! LOL Nah, we had many years of travelling, sleeping in (to like noon...), and doing pretty much whatever we wanted. Kids are amazing though and not sure how we lived such a boring life prior! ;-) Okay, it wasn't boring, but parents always say "never a dull moment" for a reason. Big smootches to the wife for putting up with me this long :-)
Thanks to Deb for posting her trip report real time, love reading the day by day accounts on the blog. They do this alot on the Disboards, perhaps we can start making this a norm on the AATM forums? I'll sure give it a try come November. How's everyone else doing? Been sort of quiet out there... Training? Trips? Whatever you guys got! Did you check out MGreenes blog? He ran in a Eurocross race, posted an awesome time of course, and got muddy in the process! Kinda cool if you ask me. :-) You can check out the pictures off of a link he posted a few days back.
3 comments:
Glad it's cooled down for you guys. It's only gotten hotter here. Unfortuneatly this is the cool part of summer! I just can't wait until August...
Oh and Happy 10th Anniversary!!!
You are doing some amazing miles! And congrats on the anniversary!
Post a Comment