
Anyone watch Phineas and Ferb on the Disney Channel? Okay, so it's a kids show, but it's just hillarious. The show has invaded our home so much that my daughter has named our pool robot cleaner "Perry the Platypus". Perhaps I should buy it a cool secret agent hat now...
Running in the heat is difficult..... LOL
Why do I feel worse now that I'm in better shape...whereas I felt fine when completely out of shape....The aches, the pains, gotta love physical fitness! :-)
Body glide is your friend!!! ...but it won't pick you up at the airport.
I now understand what it's like to RECEIVE "the look" when talking about how many miles I run a day/week. That and the "why do you do that, again?"
I'm a converted "why do runners insist on running in the street when there is sidewalk..." person over to "why do cars insist on trying to get as close to me when I'm running as possible!!"
Road kill make for excellent cross-training as hurdles....
**3 miles on da'mill last night and the heel is fine, woohoo. Going for a 4 mile run today after work, hopefully the breeze off the water picks up cause it's hot out there. :-) Got the 10 mile course map I'm running next week. Looks good, fairly flat with some hills at the beginning of the course (between miles 2 and 3), but flat after that. It starts at 6pm, so hopefully the heat has worn off by then, or better yet, rain or overcast!
Running in the heat is difficult..... LOL
Why do I feel worse now that I'm in better shape...whereas I felt fine when completely out of shape....The aches, the pains, gotta love physical fitness! :-)
Body glide is your friend!!! ...but it won't pick you up at the airport.
I now understand what it's like to RECEIVE "the look" when talking about how many miles I run a day/week. That and the "why do you do that, again?"
I'm a converted "why do runners insist on running in the street when there is sidewalk..." person over to "why do cars insist on trying to get as close to me when I'm running as possible!!"
Road kill make for excellent cross-training as hurdles....
**3 miles on da'mill last night and the heel is fine, woohoo. Going for a 4 mile run today after work, hopefully the breeze off the water picks up cause it's hot out there. :-) Got the 10 mile course map I'm running next week. Looks good, fairly flat with some hills at the beginning of the course (between miles 2 and 3), but flat after that. It starts at 6pm, so hopefully the heat has worn off by then, or better yet, rain or overcast!
3 comments:
Yeah it is real hard in the heat.
Lately it has been raining, so much I can't go outside.:(
Yeah the look. I get it at work, in public, and E gives me the look and says we are doing this why?? lol
Yeah, heat sucks. It will hit about 90 here today, and I'll be running this evening.
There are some sidewalks in the neighborhood I'll run on, others I won't because they are too uneven. I hate staring at the ground the whole time to make sure I don't roll an ankle. And the cars driving by do seem to like to drive very close. I don't get it, either.
Love dodging cars. NOT!!!! Chris it's good to hear your heal is better.
Post a Comment